Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Challenge Accepted

This past year, I began my first “grown up” job, started grad school, transferred to another school, continued tutoring, and taught my first class as an adjunct professor.  Although I am dedicated to my students and my education, I need to find a balance in my life before my stress affects my work.  Uncharacteristically, I made a New Year resolution in 2011, which was to go to one family event, spend at least one evening with my friends, and pursue a new hobby (which was sewing but turned to quilting when my best friend asked me to learn it with her) for a minimum of one hour each week. I hope that this blog will not only help me overcome this self-imposed challenge by keeping me accountable but also be a place to contribute to and learn from the quilting community.

No comments:

Post a Comment