Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Present for me!

Woohoo!!!! I got a present J  Well…………………confession……………………I gave myself a present: a new quilt for my bed.  I finished my second quilt.  I think I’m going to call it the Super Nova.  It went so much faster than my first.  Got to love free-time during the summer. 

Please excuse the bad lighting....The morning sun does not bode well for pretty pictures



I really do not know of a great way to design a quilt, so I just did it on excel.


























































































































Above is the beginning of my design.  Using excel made the math rather easy and accurate, but I felt limited with color selection.  I think I'm going to do something different next time.


I was originally intending to add an intricate border including diamonds to make it a standard twin size quilt, but it just looked ugly!!! Fortunately, I was able to use some of the border on the back.  I think it adds a little interest to such a dark backing.

I don't know if this picture does it justice, but I quilted using red thread.  I LOVE it.  I am definitely going to experiment with thread color in the future. 

Because I axed the border, it is not a standard size, but it is perfect for a short person, like me :)  I know that I am going to have nothing but sweet dreams when I am sleeping under my own quilt.  *sigh*  I think I am in love with quilting.......

Now, it is time to work on some presents for other people.





Wishing you a life free from stray threads,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. I love life free from Stray Threads!! <3 Your quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete